Week 42 - Teuk Thla - Back where I started!

10:40 AM

Sorry guys, but this week also was a little slow. My companions been feeling sick so we haven't gone out and done a whole lot. Eventually, I somehow found my way back to Royal Phnom Penh Hospital this time with Sister Y. This time I could actually understand what people were saying and I helped translate for the doctor. (How on earth Sister Harris stayed alive with companion who'd been in country 2 days beats me) I couldn't help but laugh in my head about how far I've come in the language. It's definitely been a gradual thing, and along the way it's hard to see how you're improving. I remember how it use to make me super stressed out. ha. Sister Y is good now we left the same night we went, and the medication they gave her has been helping a lot, so we're glad about that. 
Okay, Not going to lie the halfway mark has been a bit overwhelming. Anyways the other day I was getting down on myself. And a story from the scriptures "randomly" came to mind. It's the story of Elijah and the poor widow with meal and oil. 
1 Kings 17
10 ...And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.
 11 And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.
 12 And she said, As the Lord thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
 13 And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
 15 And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she and her house, did eat many days.
Sometimes I feel like the widow. People need my help but I have little to give. I want to help but I know I am limited in my abilities. But I learned from her example to give what I can and have faith and hope that it will help some people now and hopefully people (family and friends) in the future (through sharing experiences). It helped remind me to forget myself and get to work. As far as the work goes, We met with some less actives that hadn't been met in a long time (our area has so many) and some members who are sick. It was nice to get to know them and pray with them. Even though not all of them were open to a message they were still nice to visit with. All we can do is hope that they know and feel God's aware of them. 
Okay hope everyone has a wonderful week! Love you guys! (Also good luck to everyone who is starting spring semester)
Love you miss you, Kendall


 Moving in a Tuk Tuk - I am sitting on the floor!
Looking Asian!  The dirt and dust was really bad that day!
Service Day!!!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

This will not be updated regularly

Flickr Images