Week 68 - Working and Planning

6:48 PM

Wow, this week has been a whirlwind. I can honestly say I am dreading transfer calls; they are a ways off, but I really don't want to leave this area. But whether I stay or go it won't be the same without Sister Winters. Our little area has grown so much, and we've seen things progress so fast. Half way through last transfer we had no investigators and now we have 11 and about 5 potentials. But really numbers are not that important; I am just so grateful to get to know each of them as individuals. They each have their own needs and desires and problems, and I love listening to them and sharing the gospel with them. I love listening to their testimonies and seeing their hearts soften. Not only our investigators but our members too.
This is a story from last week but I didn't get a chance to write about it cause of our trip.
Last week we had a zone conference. Sister Schwab and Sister Ormax taught about how we can more effectively plan meaningful lessons. It was great and I was way excited to apply some new things.
That same evening we had an appointment with Srei Leak.
Srei Leak, our recent convert is amazing!!! You can find her at the church everyday waiting to help the missionaries or ready to learn in all the different classes our church offers (English, self reliance, institute, volleyball) She's so good sometimes it hard to know what to share with her. We already had a lesson planned out for her that day but after zone conference we decided to change it. We decided to focus on her need to find a job. She had mentioned it to us before but she had said it so casually it didn't seem like that big a problem, but while planning we felt like that was what we needed to address. When we got into the lesson she told us she had interviewed for a job that day. We asked if the job would make her work on Sundays and she said she'd have to work all day everyday. I can't remember what else was said but she started looking way stressed about it. We started talking about conference and she mentioned how she liked all the talks on repentance. We then asked her "how will this new job help or hinder you from repenting" she sat there thought about it and admitted that she knew the job wouldn't be good for her and that she really didn't want to work on Sundays, but then kind of in distress she told us how she didn't know what else to do. We then shared the scripture we had planned out

 1 And it came to pass that they did worship the Lord, and did go forth with me; and we did work timbers of curious workmanship. And the Lord did show me from time to time after what manner I should work the timbers of the ship.
 2 Now I, Nephi, did not work the timbers after the manner which was learned by men, neither did I build the ship after the manner of men; but I did build it after the manner which the Lord had shown unto me; wherefore, it was not after the manner of men.
 3 And I, Nephi, did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things
We helped her understand that doing things the Lord's way and looking to him for guidance would help her. We helped walk her through how to polity explain the importance of the Sabbath to others. After she looked like a completely new person. She didn't looked stressed but rather filled with light, hope, and confidence. When she prayed she expressed gratitude for the lesson and mentioned how she knew it was inspiration from our Heavenly Father.
I am so grateful for the spirit; that it helped us recognize we needed to change the lesson and ask inspired questions. I am very grateful for zone conference and revelation that was shared there as well. And I love missionary work and helping others recognize Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are on their side.
Hope you all have a great week love you guys!
Sister Semones


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

This will not be updated regularly

Flickr Images