Week 22 - Kampung Cham - My mom mom left me

10:00 PM

Okay so according to Sister Christensen (our mission Presidents wife) our trainer is considered our "mom mom", and so this week my mom mom left me. Sister Harris is in the city now, and I am so so sad. If she were to read this email she'd probs kill me, but I'm gonna go ahead and brag about her. She has taught me so much about missionary work, and how to be a better person in general. She has this quote she pulls out frequently that says, "Wherever you are, be all there". Let me tell you, she lives this quote! She is so good at following the Saviors example and caring for the individual. She devotes her time and attention to them, and it's obvious it's made a big impact on the people here in kompungcham and the other missionaries serving in Cambodia. I'm trying my best to follow her example and ultimately our Savior's example. 
Even though I had to say bye to such an awesome companion, I now have two equally awesome companions, Sister Nhem and Sister Nguyen (the new koon)! Sister Nguyen is Vietnamese but lives in Ohio, she is so sweet, and Okay I loveee Sister Nhem; I was worried we wouldn't be able to communicate much, but we chat all the time. She is so cool!
The first day with them I was so nervous! I was nervous about having new comps and having to lead the area, but the responsibility has been so good. It's already helped me grow. Before the transfer I decided to work on the Christ like characteristic of charity.

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

As I really try to apply what I've learned and try to just push myself to do more than I could before I feel the Lords grace enabling me. I have felt a jump in confidence when I teach and extra energy I didn't have before. Because I’m the only one in our companionship who is familiar with the area, I feel so responsible for making sure everyone's needs are met, and as a result I have grown to love each person (investigators, recent converts, and our less actives) more and more. Even the other day when all but one of our appointments fell through, I felt at peace. I was sad we couldn't meet with them, but I felt comforted. I didn't feel discouraged, but felt that I had truly done the best I could, and I had a stronger desire to keep trying because I love them. I am so excited for this transfer and the growth that's ahead. 
I wish you all could just read my journal! I have to leave out so much because of the lack of time. But know I have faith in my Savior and the enabling power of the atonement. Love you all have a fantastic week! 

Love, Kendall

 My mom mom - Sister Harris
 I love my trainer!
 3 Asians - The Trio
 Getting everyone settled !

 The 5 Sisters in the house!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

This will not be updated regularly

Flickr Images